/groups/energy/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/energy/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot0/groups/energy/sidebar/HotListNo items tagged with hot.hot/groups/energy/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/energy/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/energy/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
Electric Vehicles are being heavily studied and experimented with in the engineering world. They are key for environmental sustainability in the future. This lab is to research the different forms of electric cars in the market, and decide which one works best for you.
- Look up these terms regarding electric vehicles: EV, HEV, PHEV
Answer these Questions:
- In 5 years, you will be buying a electric vehicle, would you get EV, PHEV of HEV?
- Your house has solar panels, would your choice of car change?
- The tesla electric car goes 3 miles per kWh, how many kWh are used if it travels 21 miles?
- If 1 gallon of gasoline is 33.4 kWh, how many miles per gallon equivalent is the tesla?
- Why is this different from normal cars?
- Why do hybrid cars have better gas mileage in the city than on the highway?