Please email me your responses by Sunday night:
1. Explain the limitations of using parallax to determine star distances
2. Use three star names in arabic to illustrate why so many star names are in arabic. Explain why this is so.
3. Using red shift, explain why we know how old the universe probably is
4. Explain the first few seconds of the big bang, and why this is bringing physicists and astronomers together in the same quest.
5. What tools are physicists using to explore this?
6. How were telephone engineers instrumental in determining the age of the universe?
7. How did retrograde rotation explain the rotation of the planets?
8. How does the main sequence help us find the age of stars and their temperature?
9. If we know the temperature of a star, how can we find "Goldilocks" planets?
10. Explain how Keck has been so good at finding exoplanets.
let me know how I can help.