Search all wikis and blogs »

Search results in ablacksmith

Project Overview

Here is a video of us outlining our experiment. It can be used as an outline for anyone who wishes to continue this project once we graduate this yea...

Experiment Overview

This is placeholder text for your new blog entry. Replace it with your own.

Experiment Overview

This is placeholder text for your new blog entry. Replace it with your own.

Experiment Overview

This is placeholder text for your new blog entry. Replace it with your own.

End of the Line

We've come to the end of this experiment. We ran the 13 samples we had through PCR and gel electrophoresis. Unfortunately, there were complications t...

Other Biotech News

Beyond this particular experiment, Alexandra Van Pernis and I are in a new Biotechnology class at HPA. In this class we are working with the National...

More Obstacles

In our last work period (March 7th), we performed gel electrophoresis with the gel we created last class and seven of our current DNA samples. The ge...

Gel Casting Procedure

We have brought our samples through PCR. We are currently in the process of casting our agarose gels for gel electrophoresis. Because we are construc...

February 28th- Ready-to-Go

[web1_IMG_2673.jpg] We have finally gotten our PCR beads in. Next work period we will be bringing our 14 samples through the first PCR process. Thi...

February 20th

We are still waiting on our PCR beads. It has been over a month since we ordered them at the beginning of January. We have emailed the company and th...

Next Step

We have collected 14 samples are are ready to progress in our experiment. However, as we were ready to start PCR, we realized we are out of ready-to-...

January Beginnings

We are beginning our ATCN3 gene test among the athletes at HPA. As of now (January, 10th) we have approximately 6 DNA collections. We hope to have 15...

Test Results

We finished our last round of testing for the year with the new Syber Safe gel stain. However, our dye ratio was off for the amount of agarose gel we...

Last test

We are currently running our last test for the year. It is a PTC taste gene test. While we are hoping to start our fast twitch muscle gene with the n...

Started testing

We are going through the first round of our new experiment for the fast twitch muscle gene. So far we have 6 DNA samples that have all been brought t...

Waiting

We did an inventory the other day and all we are waiting on now is our loading dye. Once we get that in, we can begin working with similar previous e...

Syber Safe DNA Stain

Our Syber Safe DNA stain finally came in. With this, we can use our blue light transilluminator to look at the bands of DNA in our electrophoresis ge...

New Experiment Subjects

We are trying to figure out what correlations we should test between sports and the fast twitch muscle gene. As of now we have three categories to te...

New materials

Some of our new materials came in for our experiment. These include our buffer and enzyme for the fast twitch muscle gene. We are still missing our a...

New Experiment Plan

We've been working on our new experiment plan for fast twitch muscle gene. Since there is no set experimental design, we have to create our own. Thro...