week 7 summary semester two (2-20-17)-(2-24-17)

    This week I focused on the organization and analysis of my data. Early in the week I created color coded histograms of my raw data for the six fields of brain activity under each of the four lighting conditions (image below). This allowed me to do a side by side comparison of the raw data for each lighting condition. for example, I was able to look at places of data clusters on certain graphs, and if data values were around the same across the different lighting conditions of if they varied. this gives me and idea if there will be any significant findings in my results. for example, if most participants have a percent focus of sixty under every type of lighting condition, it can be observed that the lighting conditions I tested probubly don't have much affect on peoples level of focus. However, I could also find the opposite to be true if data was spread out, and did not share many trends between the graphs. I set up these graphs as a reference to the cells in the spreadsheet that contain my raw data values, so each time I put in a new value the graphs automatically update.This week I also began looking at graphing error bars for the averages under each lighting condition in each specific field of my data values. I would like to make the error bars for each average percent of a certain field based on the margin of error of that particular data set. for example, if the average for focus under LED lighting has a margin of error of 3.5%, I would like to make my error bar cover 3.5% above and below the average value. Google spread sheets did not allow me to make custom error bars, so I am going to use the program Plotly. This allows me to customize my error bars when graphing. Next week I am looking to do more participant testing, and possibly explore graphing more of my data on Plotly.