After spring break, we're back in action with new experiments ! Sadly, we didn't have much time to work on the coding, but I hope we can finish it before the end of the year. I try to stay optimistic, and find other things to do.
I started to experiment with my new little friend : The old photography films. It's.. Fuzzy, and might not be the best, but it does block visible light fairly well. So well that I actually can't see anything.
I started a little experiment, to find what kind of light I should expose the negatives to, to make the optimal visible light filter. Although it does make a different, I find that it's still too fuzzy to be used on my camera. Moving on !
Now, I am considering using the black plastic on a remote control. It does block light, and it's probably something close to professional quality, since it's in a Sony product. It does block visible light, although everything is slightly red-shifted, nothing too problematic. If I play with the exposure, I might be able to make it a powerful filter, and therefore have a broader range for my camera.
Next week, I wish to continue working on the programming, as it is one of the last step for my project to be over. However, if I can't, I'll continue to experiment with the black glass from the remote control.