/groups/isr/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/isr/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot0/groups/isr/sidebar/HotListNo items tagged with hot.hot/groups/isr/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/isr/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/isr/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
- On server 10.14.4.123:8080 (220.127.116.11:8080)
- Look for the data source “EG lab master”
- You can also find this labeled “eGauge elab 2” on the server at
- 18.104.22.168:8080 or
- 10.14.4.163:8080 if you are on campus
Three clues will enable you to track and identify energy:
- Time of day: When does it happen? Day or night? Weekends? Users?
- Magnitude: how big is the impact in kW? What devices use how much power? All or part?
- Profile: What is the shape of the use? Does it change at night? How does it start/stop?
If you have other data like weather, power factor you can go even deeper
- how much solar power is generated at each building?
- how much is used at each location?
- what does this tell you?
- what dorm uses the most energy?
- when do the dorm lights “go off”?
- when is the use the least?
- how could you tell a refrigerator from any other load?
- what does a hot water heater look like?
- what does a stove look like?
- how could you detect an air conditioner that was left on all night?
- which of the faculty cottage complexes is using the most energy?
- when does cottage 3 hot water heater timer go on?
- when did they run out of hot water?
- when did cottage 3 do some cooking?
- compare these with cottage 7
- what was the weather Wednesday 1.13, using the solar data?
- when did it rain that day?
- how do you know there is no water leak in carter dorm?
- how much does it cost for the biggest energy users on campus? (use $0.40 per kWh)
- how much money would we make if we sold all of our solar power in one day?
- why do we still pay an electric bill?
- the PPA array behind the elab is not owned by us, but we pay for the solar energy is harvests. How much money is the owner making if we pay $0.30 per kWh, whether we use it or give it away to HELCO?
- why do we give it away to HELCO with no money back?